Awesome Gamers Group

These forums are for any game(s) run by C Thomas Hand including L5R, 7th Sea, D&D, so on and so forth.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDiddler
Admin

PostSubject: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 pm

This will be another way to gain XP and/or Kharma Points for the Unicorn game.

The idea is that the Unicorn are well-known for their Travelogues.  Long-form prose and literature in the form of travelogues is quite popular as entertainment in the Empire.  Basically, most people do not get the opportunity to see much outside their own province, much less those of other Families, Clans, or the boundaries of the Empire.  The Unicorn are the most common clan to create such travelogues because, until recently, they oversaw the Ministry of War and had thousands of their soldiers and magistrates traveling throughout the Empire.  They are also one of only three clans (Mantis and Tortoise being the others) that regularly leave the bounds of the Empire.

In game, your character may keep a travelogue.  If you wish it to be something that might be seen by others or even published, you can take Artisan: Literature as the skill appropriate.  If, however, you want it to be something handed down to your family or seen only by close associates, you do not have to take the skill.

OOC: You will write a paragraph (or more) after each gaming session, in-character, in whatever format you wish, and post it on the forums using the Subject: [Name]'s Travelogue. The Log will be your character's viewpoint on the matters that occurred, their thoughts and interesting commentary.

Awards:
If you manage to make a post for this for at least half of the overall games your character will receive an additional Kharma Point at the start of the next Clan-Based Game (3, instead of 2). 

Moreover, for each game session you create a travelogue, I will award an XP to all of the players of the Unicorn game for each travelogue entry completed. These XP will be given out at the beginning of the next game.  This means that if Charlie, Kyle, and Jason make a Travelogue for Game 2, at the beginning of Game 3, everyone will get +3xp.

Last edited by TheDiddler on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://awesomegamersgroup.forumotion.com
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue: Session 1 (The Golden Wind Gathers Strength)

A wise man once said that a rolling stone gathers no moss. As long as the stone keeps rolling it remains care free and doesn't let the moss slow it down or hold it back. My family lives and breathes by this philosophy. It is in our very nature. We travel on the backs of great and noble steeds that carry us to wherever the wind may take us. One such wind is that of Daikoku's Golden Wind Caravan that treks the perilous journey through the Burning Sands. It is gathering strength so it may blow across the sea of sand once again. It's single purpose is trade and commerce to benefit our Great Clan. What does this have to do with me you ask? Well, I have been chosen to guide this caravan serving as its Master Scout. My children are accompanying me as the other scouts required for the voyage. It is their first time being part of this caravan, but this shall be only the most recent of many excursions that I have made through the Burning Sands. Of course not to be left out the fun of trading, I am bringing a beautiful pelt from a huge boar that has felt the touch of the realm of Chikushudo that I skinned myself a month ago after hunting it down in the northern mountains. Upon my arrival to the caravan, I was met with great news that my cousin's son had just been born. In typical Shinjo fashion all members of the Shinjo family rode out calling out to everyone the great news of the child's birth. Unfortunately, we had to stall our celebrations in order to prepare for the start of the caravan's journey tomorrow. Later that night, I recalled some of my past experiences in the Burning Sands to my fellow officers which did impress them and improve my status somewhat, but that was cut short when the very much introspective Doomseeker in charge of the Shugenja, Iuchi Kaheem, laid a perfectly detailed map of the city that is our caravan's destination. I quickly forgot any kind of jealousy when I looked at the map and remembered many past parties and other exploits that I had experienced in the city. Well done my mystical ally. The following morning caused an event that made my blood boil. The master of the caravan asked his second-in-command, Ide Sofuto, to pick out the best steeds owned by one of the various lords who would then be bestowed great honor and glory for having his horses selected. The Ide then asked Iuchi Kaheem and myself to inspect the horses on our own while he occupied the other lords. My results wound up with finding the most well bred group of horses out of all of them. I noted their owner and reported to Ide Sofuto, who was almost draped in courtiers vying for his decision to pick their horses. The Iuchi reported that the horses belonging to the highest ranking lord were altered with all manner of modifications to try to make them look more well bred. This caught my blood on fire as I was internally outraged at the desecration of these noble animals' natural state. Who cares if they are not they best quality out of all of them? It's still no reason to make these steeds put on a show to make them seem like something they are not! Any true stable master would appreciate them for the beauty and abilities they have. The Ide considered our reports and decided that it was in the best interest of the clan to take the better horses even at the cost of potentially making an enemy out of the higher ranking courtier. His decision obviously did not go over well when the lower ranking courtier's horses were chosen. The lord who had modified his horses even had the gall to call out our superior and question his ability to judge what horses were good and not. He tried to force our superior into a duel, but the sly Ide worked his skills and delayed action until after the caravan got back. With that indignity out of the way, the rest of us went back to camp to prepare for the caravan's departure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crae Havok
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Session 1

Well, back into the Burning Sands we ready ourselves to go once again.  Final preparations remain on schedule. Sometimes I fear though in our political and business side of affairs we forget about some of the simplistic pleasures of life. I did what I had to do in keeping the Golden Wind on schedule as is my duty being second in leadership to only Ide Jidokan, but I feel saddened for both the Shinjo family and the child born on this night that the celebration was cut short to keep the Golden Wind on schedule.

Today Shinjo Sabah the scouts lead, Iuchi Kaheem who was chosen to lead the shugenja, and myself were tasked with choosing which family's herd of horses to bring for sale along the trade route, which would normally be a very easy decision. It was also yet another test of my leadership capabilities as Jidokan was certainly watching.  I myself have not even the slightest clue as to what makes a good horse, but I do know people and when they are trying to hide something.  I asked that both Sabah and Kaheem determine in their own way which was the best “product” to sell. While they were performing their task, which ended up being quite remarkably well done, I set out to evaluate the horses' masters.

While each in turn had their remarkable things to say of each herd, two families ended up being in contention for the best. These two were certainly quite different in both individual personality and family status. Moto Zhidjan has been the go to guy for our horses for several years in a row now and is also a member of one of the more influential families of the unicorn. Shinjo Iekuta on the other hand is fairly obscure. Not that he has not produced reliable steeds, more so his family is still a bit of “up and coming” if you will. His family shows potential, but no where near the political strength of the Moto.

In the end the decision was made clear by my allies reports. Moto had unfortunately not produced as well as in the past, and someone knew it. They had tried to quite literally paint the horses to be a better picture. The best quality and therefore the biggest profit potential lay in the Shinjo Iekuta herd. Unfortunately, your's truly had to deliver the news and as you can imagine did not go over well.

Upon delivering my decision, the proverbial shit hit the fan between me and the Moto. Understandably he took personal offense to someone else being chosen, as he felt his family's honor and reputation were at stake. In a way he was not wrong as the biggest reason I chose the Shinjo over the Moto was not due to the Shinjo's horses being of reportedly better stock, but because the Moto tried to cover up his horses imperfections. One so worried about family's reputation and honor should not lower themselves to dishonorable tricks. Doing so  has the catch that if found, the honorable become significantly damaged in the process. And in the way that honor and reputation work, one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Looking back, I don't know why he was so angry, I saved himself as well as his family from a bad situation. Perhaps with time he will see the error in his selfish and deceitful decision. Probably not....

So anyways back into the Burning Sands. I believe that my new allies will prove invaluable, though from what I hear there are still a few left to meet. I'm certain if what is circling amongst the caravan is true, that their skills will be just as capable as Sabah and Kaheem's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crae Havok
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

Session 2 – Lying in Wait

Even with the most stringent of planning, disaster may still strike. For it is in it's very nature to do so.

I was once cautioned that little gem of philosophy by and very old wagon master, just before Ide Jidokan appointed me to be his protégé' a few years ago.  Never thought I would have been taught a thorough understanding of it's lesson, but I'm ahead of myself due to the excitement. Let me start from last night.

A meeting was called by Ide Jidokan and your's truly, Shinjo Sabah, Iuchi Kaheem, and Moto Nokhoi were all summoned. This meeting was one that I will not soon forget. Sometimes a simply worded and straight forward question, can be enough to shake someone to their core.  Such a question was posed and in turn each of us answered.  The answer I chose should not have come as difficult as it did, but it is my very nature to dissect a posed problem and weigh the risk versus the reward. I can write of only this, the risk is very great, but the reward could change the face of Rokugan itself!

I have spent some time with all the various wagon masters over the last few days and have become aware that a seed has been planted to set doubt against me and my capability to lead the Golden Caravan after Ide Jidokan.  It is a situation I will have to keep a close eye on.  It is understandable that not all feel that I was chosen on merit and not bloodline. However if I do not cut this nonsense down before it reaches fruition, it could not only destroy my reputation, but the Golden Wind itself.

Which now brings me to the most recent events. As we were being separated into our groups for passage through The Veil, it was advised that I go in first and that Jidokan remain for last so that there may be a lead on both side of the veil the entire time. I agreed with little protest and was ushered through the veil. Upon arriving on the other side expecting to find only the familiar barren desert lands, we were greeted with a surprise party to which we were the guests of honor.

The battle that ensued was far more organized than it should have been. The opposing force turns out was made up of two tribes working together. The battle quickly sided in our favor and I must say our defense was very impressive.  I quickly worked to get the non combatants and wagons into a better position so that our shugenja, scouts, and guard could have an easier time doing their jobs. The tactic I used was solid, but was not without it's flaws. There were several attackers on Roc flying above and were able to swoop down and take out the ones who were incapable of defending themselves against ground attackers, let alone flying ones!

In the end we were victorious, and it seemed that only one was left alive on the battlefield. The others either fled, or were slain. Luck would have it though that the one left alive was actually of high rank. Upon speaking with him, he told me his name is Zayaa and that his tribe had been paid a very large sum with orders to attack anything entering or leaving along this route. With further talks I was not only find some common ground with Zayaa but convince him to speak with the rest of his tribe about the possibility of a lucrative partnership between us. This deal was in exchange for his life.  I'm normally not one to put a price on life as such, but the deal I proposed is just a beneficial to them as it will be for us. I just hope Jidokan agrees.

In closing of this entry, I can only hope that the rest of the trip will prove fairly uneventful...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue Session 2 (The Golden Wind vs. the Mountain and Sky)

As the Golden Wind Caravan heads out to the edge of the Veil, It is determined that the caravan has to go through a heavily wooded mountain pass. Any samurai fresh out of gempuku would be able to tell you that it is the perfect set up for an ambush. Naturally, I arranged for myself and my other scouts to travel ahead and seek out the enemy. Our usual fan out formation led to promising results. Through my connection to my falcon I was able to keep an eye on my scouts's progress. Two of them seemed to have found something close to the Veil, but before I could go investigate my falcon rushed towards me in a panic. I was able to calm him down and look around at the immediate area for enemies. I thought I saw a large shadow of something flying through the air on the other side of the Veil. Then, I saw signs of ambush ahead and the possible location of enemies. I decided to stealth around behind that location to and my suspicions to be true. I decided that I should head back to camp and warn the others of where the ambushers were. The would-be ambushers had other ideas though. Upon losing track of my location they stirred up the rest of their forces sensing that they had lost the advantage of surprise. They tried to escape using some strange amulet but I took a shot and destroyed the amulet before they could use it. I then fled before they could capture me. I met up with my other scouts where we alerted the caravan.

Later on that day, Moto Nokhoi and his White dogs arrived and then proceeded to ordered an extermination of the ambush forces in the forest. We couldn't find any in the forest, so we decided to cross the Veil and pursue on the other side. We didn't find any enemies but we did find their treasure horde which the White Dogs quickly ransacked. The only items I took were an amulet and an egg. I took them to Iuchi Kaheem for inspection. He said the amulet let someone travel underground to the other side of the veil. The egg turned out to be a roc egg. I could care less about the amulet, but egg presented an opportunity to handle a truly magnificent creature of air from the time it was born. Both of these were property of the caravan of course so I thought about my presentation to the caravan master to try to persuade him to let me have it. Luckily I was invited to a dinner with the caravan master that night along with the other officers. That dinner was filled with interesting topics of which I will not discuss here for it may cause serious repercussions for my associates. I was delighted though when our honored host presented all of us with the information and knowledge that he has gained over the years. I immediately started to study the exotic animals and various locations for my part. The dinner was adjourned so that we may prepare to cross the Veil tomorrow.

The plan was simple, evenly split our forces so no party on either side of the veil was as a disadvantage militarily. The shugenja would be traveling underground to be able to relay communication to either side. Our plan worked excellently. As the first group went through the Veil, my scouts immediately spread out and quickly found those who were going to ambush us. This caused them to accelerate their plans before they were completely ready. The members of the Mountain tribe attacked on the ground while members of the Sky tribe attacked on the backs of rocs from the sky. We fought efficiently and swiftly dispatched most of our assailants and scared off the rest. I myself was snatched off by a roc and dropped from great heights. I hurt like you wouldn't believe, but I survived. One casualty of note was my oldest son who was killed by a roc rider. Of course I was very upset at his death but due to the danger of the voyage I had prepared my heart for the loss. Feeling sorry for my loss, the caravan master bestowed me with the roc egg to try to make up for it. I was honored and named the creature in my son's honor. How many more children will I lose before we return to the empire and will they lose a father...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Kaheem - Session 2

White Dog, Scout, and Talker found Yobanjin raiders and eliminated many. They brought back a crude meishodo amulet that I am studying. When we crossed the Veil, we were attacked by more Yobanjin of the Sons of the Mountain and Sky Brothers tribes. They violate their treaties with the Unicorn in exchange for money from another Rokugani. My mother would be proud. Talker convinced one of the raiders to speak on behalf of the Unicorn to renegotiate a treaty. Talker says it is good for us. I think they will betray us again when the money is better. I must learn what I can about these amulets before we have to rectify the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue Session 3 (A Father's Grief)

My son...my oldest son...like a blossom plucked before it was in full bloom he was taken from me. My children and I knew the dangers before we embarked on this caravan, but it still doesn't lessen the pain when it actually happens. A sky raider riding a Roc killed my son, Rajesh, during an ambush just as the first group of our caravan crossed the Veil into the Burning Sands. The gajin ambushers were defeated, but not without us sustaining casualties. The sorrow in my heart was almost more than I could take. So I could grieve in private and clear my mind so I could focus on my task at hand, I informed the officers of the caravan and my children that I would scout ahead and look for a good place for everyone to make camp for the night. The caravan master gave me his permission, probably sensing my true intentions anyways. I rode off with my war dogs as swiftly as I could into the sea of sand. I prayed to the 10 gods of death that they judge him well and find his spirit true. I actually lost track of where I was for second while I was deep in thought, but realized my position in relation to the sun. I found a good place to stop and feed my animal companions. While they ate, I took out the Roc egg and propped it up on the sand. I took my bow and traced the five elements in the sand around the egg. As I prayed over egg beseeching the Fortunes and the Spirits of Chikushudo to grant the life inside the egg good health and well being, my five war dogs sat around the egg in front of one of the elements each. As I finished my prayer, I named the egg in honor of my son, Rajesh. With a thunderous roar accompanied by the empathetic howls of the pack, I shouted my son's name at the Heavens calling out the future glory of this egg that lay before me that now bore my son's name. The roar was filled with both grief and pride. Then all was still, all was quiet. Too quiet... Off in the far distance, I saw the sand lift into the air and begin to surge forth in my direction. All present could feel the malevolence emanating from the sandstorm that seemed to come out of nowhere. I began to wonder if this was my doing, but I soon realized that I had race back to the caravan to warn everyone before the storm hit! My thought on the cause had to wait because now my other children's lives might be at stake as well as the other people in the caravan. I have to make it there in time...before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:03 pm

Session 3 - Kaheem

We have come across a few problems today.  Graves are present along our path but that is not unusual.  The ghost tower that stood atop one but disappeared upon approach was the problem.  During my investigation, a figure approached the caravan at unnatural speeds.  When I arrived back, Talker had secured the man.  Turns out he was a skinned Ise Zumi like Karasu-sama had mentioned.  He feared me as a devil.  It seems Iron has been through here and sold this man and his companions to the sand devils.  Those devils came to claim Patches but we refused.  I think.  Talker agreed to accept a challenge to race and now we are headed to an oasis filled with servants of Toshigoku.  We will probably all die.  Talker, I will boil your feet when we sit in judgment if we die out here.  I will ask Bones if that can be arranged with his gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Session 4 - Kaheem

The challenge was successful. We faced ten in a race for survival and 12 fell. Laugher and Small Dog did not finish the race but they performed honorably. .Their families will be stronger with them to pray to. These Slaughter tainted Ujik-hai have learned again that the Unicorn are not to be trifled with. A deal has been struck by Talker to allow us to have the Dragon slaves. We also must now face a challenger/ally of the Desert Demons. Victory will gain us powerful allies in the desert. Failure will bring the end of the Golden Wind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 am

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue Session 4 (Blood Race)

A bloody race was to be held with 10 of our best riders versus ten of the Dersert Demon tribe's "best" with the only rules being that no one else is to interfere with the race and the side with the most warriors that crosses the finish line wins. If we won this race then we would gain both wealth and glory for our caravan and have more of a solid ground for future negotiations with the desert tribe. Once the race started, much blood and a few lives were taken right off the starting line. Two of our own men were killed, but the other side faired far worse. One of these reasons was that we were able to negotiate ahead of time to be able to scout out the track around the oasis before the race which proved most valuable since their was some very hazardous terrain at certain points. Our clan's superior skills in horsemanship ultimately won us the race, but our commander's blood lust proved most tactical as he and I teamed up in slaying the other side's riders one by one. I would also like to give special mention to the Doomseeker in our team that proved a most terrifying foe for the desert tribe as the very ground itself was his weapon of choice. The wealth we gained at the end of the race provided us with some income and chance to use it in negotiations for freeing the Dragon Clan slaves that the tribe had bought from a mysterious sorceror in a bloody iron mask. The Dragon slaves would be freed, but the catch was that the tribe would summon one of it's most powerful allies for us to defeat for them. A terrible monster they said. As the summoning spell was being prepared and cast, I prayed to the Ten Gods of Death beseeching them to grant me the power to be the judge for them in the realm of Ningen-Do and punish those spirits who would defy their authority. They appeared to me in my mind and spoke to me," We have heard your request and find your intentions to be true. The realm of Toghigoku has become arrogant as of late and seek to find a foothold in your realm. This seems to be even more true in your present location. We cannot allow this atrocity to continue further. You shall be the judge for us in your realm and carry out our orders. Your bow shall fire arrows carrying the weight of our authority to pierce their blasphemy and arrogance. When you feel the time is right, you may establish a connection to us through your very soul. This will create and arrow that will strike fear into the heart of whatever unworldly spirit it strikes. Go now and fulfill our will. Failure will not be tolerated and you will be judged when your time has come." With a jolt, I awoke kneeling for what seemed like an eternity but in reality was only a few minutes. I was gripping my bow tightly in my hand, but something was different. The wood of the bow had turned into polished white bone and the string seemed to be made of a silver cord. I have my orders, and I will carry them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 am

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue Session 5 (Blood Bath)

My comrades and I stood ready as the tribe's sorceror's began to the summon a terrifying creature that we would later find out to be from the the realm of slaughter, Toshigoku. The beast was massive in size covered with many spikes and horns all over its body. It was a terrible sight to behold and one of warriors almost succumbed to the fear that the creature radiated but fought on regardless. The creature roared and charged at us full force with no regard for it's own safety. It didn't try to fight us as much as trample on top of us or gore us with its spikes. Our Moto commander felt the brunt of its spikes as he was gored and drug along with it clinging to the beast's back. Our warriors still fought on valiantly even though there was some strange magic that seemed to make the sand shoot upwards into spikes covered in blood. I was the only one unaffected by the strange magic as I had backed up from the melee to utilize my advantage with my yumi. The first arrow I fired was the one that summoned out of my own chest as the power of the ten gods of death flowed through my soul to take physical form. The crystal arrow was then fired straight at the heart of the beast. The recoiled for a moment in fear of what had happened but its blood lust quickly overpowered its fear. After the second magical attack against my companions, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the tribe's chief shaman was the one responsible the strange blood magic. I knew this had to be stopped as quickly as possible, but I had to deal with the beast myself so the dogs would have to do. A quick command from my training whistle had the dogs surge forth to swarm the the blasphemous shaman. He was not quite prepared to deal with such a foe and was quickly ripped to shreds. This allowed me to focus my attention back to the demon which was defeated soon after. With the battle won, I went over to the blood bath that was once a shaman knowing that there might be some retribution from the tribe's leader for killing his shaman. To my surprise he said that the shaman deserved it for interfering and had the audacity to ask me how much I wanted for him to have one of my war dogs. I was sincere when I said that these particular war dogs were not for sale but that I would be more that happy to set up trade with him the next time the caravan came back from Rokugan when I would then has some spare war dogs to trade. Our caravan quickly set out after that to get away from that terrible oasis.

As our caravan traveled through the desert towards our original destination, a sandstorm like I have never seen before suddenly appeared and headed straight for our caravan. We decided that our fastest option would be to locate the strange tower that we had seen days before and seek shelter there. Two of the shugenja raced off ahead to see if there were any wards that needed to be broken. Meanwhile, Ide Sofuto and I did the best we could to prepare the caravan for the oncoming storm. During the midst of the storm, the Ide and I had to track down several of the wagons that had gotten separated from the rest of the caravan. We succeeded in reclaiming all of the lost wagons, but the storm had taken its toll on the poor Ide and would have certainly died had he not had his yojimbo there to save him. Now, we are battered and bruised in a time-forgotten tower that seems not to happy that we have taken refuge here. I wonder what surprises this tower has in store for us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Shinjo Sabah's Travelogue Session 6 (Cursed Tower)

The caravan took shelter at the lone tower in the desert to lick our wounds and gather our strength. The ominous Doomseeker went off to investigate the doorway to the tower. During this, I decided taking a short nap would be best after tending to the wounded, so that I may scout out the tower once the Doomseeker opened its doors. I awoke to my war dogs growling and sniffing the ground around my tent. They had clearly picked the scent of a hidden foe since none of the guards were on high alert. Then pandamonium broke out in the camp. Assassins cloaked in sand attacked from all directions, including one that was perched atop my own tent! He attacked me first then my horse. My faithful steed cracked his skull open. I rode off through the camp slaying as many as I could with bow and arrow. I sent my dogs off in a fan formation to sniff out the assassins for the guards who were being taken by surprise. To my horror. The assassins that died and the people they had killed rose up like ravenous zombies filled with sand. They were easily killed but this occured more frequently the more that people were slain. The situation was starting to escalate drastically. The Doomseeker sensed that someone in the tower was to blame and that we had to stop him. A great storm was growing outside as well. I gathered my dogs and rushed into the tower along with my stronger companions. It was dark inside, but my connection to Chikushudo allowed my sight to pierce the darkness. I spotted an assassin rush down to the basement where I was informed the tomb of a Khan was. We had to ignore him for now because we had to go after the master of the tower who was on the top floor. We were ambushed along the way but dispatched them with only one casualty. The fight against the master was over even more quickly as one hit from the doomseeker disrupted a spell he was casting while I knocked the other ritual dagger he was using out of his hands. Apparently this did not help the situation. The genie he was trying to control was freed and squashed the master of the tower with one massive finger. We were staring down a powerful genie that was now free to do whatever he wanted. I decided to let the doomseeker and the Ide talk to him while I rushed down to the basement before the assassins could desecrate the Khan's tomb. Before leaving, I produced a holy arrow from my soul, an arrow that carried a small blessing of the ten gods of death that is normally used to strike fear into the hearts of spirits. Maybe they could use it to back up their words, or maybe it would be like trying to damn up a river with a small pebble. If I hear their screams in a few minutes, I will know the answer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Session 7 - Springing the Trap/Arrival (Kaheem)

We have arrived at the Jewel of the Desert, Medinaat-al-Salaam. Home. Well, once it was home. Now it is almost as foreign to me as it is to my brothers. I have not written in a long while so I will catch up the details. We outran a sand storm to a hidden grave of our ancestors. Scout and Talker kept the caravan together while Dog kept his men in line. I made my way to the disappearing tower and overcame a sahir trying to interfere. After fighting out way to the top, we defeated the sahir and freed a bound spirit sister, Shinjo Rouhamal (fucking names). Scout went down to prevent the desecration of Shinjo Douche’s grave. Unfortunately the enchantments hiding the location were now destroyed. I decided to gather the histories and take them with us to prevent losing them. Shinjo Asshat’s sword, seeking redemption, bound itself to Scout. With luck and Shinjo’s blessing, we will redeem it and put the spirit to rest.
Shinjo Rumrum gathered a great deal of information in her time and we have worked together to decipher the amulets left behind by Iron. Iron has a great deal to answer to and we will ensure it happens. For now, I am learning and preparing.
Now that we are in the Jewel, the danger has intensified. Unfortunately, impressing that on the others is proving difficult after having faced a tribe of demon-blooded and the wrath of a djinn. I will do my best to keep us alive. Hopefully that is enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Session 8 - Revelations (Kaheem)

I have discovered who Iron is. It is not a story for the annals just yet, but I feel obligated to share that the information is known. It makes the rest of this entry feel hollow, but we are also moving towards finding a delegation to bring back. I do not like the price that is being asked by our first choice, but that does not mean we cannot come to another agreement. it also does not mean we cannot make a second choice. I feel the need for this caravan to be a success in order for our clan to be safe in the near future so the offers of future wealth are unappealing. For now, I will study and prepare for the trip back and let Talker make these decisions. They are beyond me. As for Scout, he has made a grave error. It will be interesting to see what occurs as a result. I do not know where I stand regarding his decision, given my own decisions, but I am not convinced that he was correct in his actions. Perhaps, when this is all said and done, it will be me who is judged for crimes despite everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)   

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Travelogues (and Kharma Points)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1