Awesome Gamers Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Awesome Gamers Group

These forums are for any game(s) run by C Thomas Hand including L5R, 7th Sea, D&D, so on and so forth.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) Empty
PostSubject: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:51 am

Storyteller Note:
This subplot is meant to primarily involve the PC detailed in the subject line. It will be more involved and contain more detail than some previous plot points and be treated as a sort of “mini-adventure” for the PC involved. These Subplot stories are meant to allow characters to flex a bit and “star” in their own little stories. Feel free to involve any other PCs as you go along as you wish. My preference as Storyteller would be that you not include too many for events that will require rolling dice as it will take up a LOT more time.

As an additional note, these Subplots are meant to introduce aspects of Arsenal and its citizens supernatural and mundane through organic story.

This story will introduce human political institutions into the game.

Back to top Go down
https://awesomegamersgroup.forumotion.com
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 am

"Winnie, do you have the inventory?"

Bastian called back to the small room he referred to as the "manager's office." He picked up a bottle, wiped it clean and propped a plastic shot glass on top to keep the bugs out.

There was no answer from the back.

"Winnie? Inventory."

He cashed out the register and packed away the bundled cash and coins in a lockable bag. Bastian glanced around the bar and, satisfied there was nothing left out front to do, turned to the back.

Still no answer. She must have fallen asleep at the desk again.

He paused about halfway to the office door, suddenly wary. A soft sobbing stifled at the sound of his steps. Winnie was crying.

Bastian was at the door in an instant, mouth open, about to ask. Winona stood up and slipped past him. "Think I've got a cold."

Lie. He could feel it.

She kept on going to the ladies bathroom hands clutched around her purse. A manila envelope stuck out, crumpled, obviously something she didn't want him to see.

He sighed long and deep and sat down in the chair. Before he could start counting he noticed a single piece of parchment, thick legal paper, that had slid under the desk.

An embossed symbol of a Notary flashed up at him and even without picking it up he caught the words:

...notice of legal intent to retain full custody by the former husband, Cary Scott, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development in the Office of the Mayor of Arsenal, Utah.

Back to top Go down
MrFeldspar
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Atlas was on his feet before he fully grasped what was happening. His large hands gripped the back of the chair. It was an empty gesture meant to contain his rage, but all it did was leave a clear dent where his fingers had been. He wanted nothing more than to scream and break everything in sight, but he couldn't do that to Winnie. Instead, he slipped out of the Dutchman, leaving the bag of cash sitting on the chair's seat.

Forty-five minutes later, Atlas sat in the trees in Cary's backyard. The man hadn't always been in public service, and his house demonstrated just that. The enhanced senses of the Urhan form fed Atlas's predatory instincts, and from his vantage point, he could easily track Cary as he moved from one room of the house to the other.

He lives on the outskirts of town. Wild animal attack isn't out of the question. Authorities won't look into it much. His mind fantasized about the horror he could inflict on the man before finally ending him. There were no thoughts of murder, of consequences. Only the bliss that would come from the hot crimson blood that would flow out of Winona's ex husband as he lay dying.

A squeal split the air and broke Atlas from his reverie. The prey moved quickly from the downstairs office and into the hallway where he ascended the stairs two at a time. In half a minute, Cary had made his way into the room that was the source of the sound. He didn't turn on the light, but enough of it followed him from the hallway as he opened the door. The decor marked it as a child's room, likely a girl.

Atlas's keen wolf eyes spotted Hazel sitting upright in her bed, arms clutched tight around a blue and purple stuffed animal. As the thoughts of violence fell away, Atlas recognized it as the Sully toy he had given Hazel a Christmas ago. While he connected the dots, Cary closed the distance between himself and his daughter, sitting almost side saddle on the bed, comforting Hazel.

Watching his niece be consoled with her father evaporated all of Atlas' rage. Thoughts of blood, of violence, vanished. He reminded himself that Cary was a good person and an amazing father. The man did not deserve anything close to the fate previously envisioned. Atlas shook his head, ashamed of himself. Even as a wolf, he kept his human mannerisms.

Though he remained as a wolf for most of it, it took Atlas nearly twice as long to get home. He didn't know what time it was when he, as a human, walked back into his apartment, but the sun was probably due up in a few hours. He knew he couldn't touch Cary, not physically. He owed too much to Winnie and Hazel to hurt the man. Atlas contemplated going to Cary's office, trying to convince him to change his mind, but he knew that wouldn't work. The man had an amazing job, a great house, blah blah blah, long and short of it was, he had no reason to back down. Flat out, he could provide for Hazel more than Winnie ever could.

I can't hurt him and I can't convince him ... but maybe I can coerce him.

The big man halted in his tracks of his mindless pacing around his apartment and took a few large steps over to his nightstand to grab his cell. A few rapid clicks later and a message was away.

To: Christian Thorne // You awake? I need a favor.
Back to top Go down
Crae Havok
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:36 am

"This fucker here, look at this shit! No scope this ya dirty buttslut!" and with that Christian made a few clicks on his mouse and a virtual grenade, cooked off perfectly for the throw, went off and another count was added to his kill count for the match. "Brzzzzt Brzzzzt!" Christian's phone was switched over to vibrate only on the kitchen table next to his laptop. Christian's match ended soon thereafter and as he got up to get a beer from the fridge, he casually cast a glance at who the sender was.

Christian replied to the text simple, but with his usual flair.

"I'm not gonna hold it while you piss. I know I'm cute and fetching, but alas, you are simply too much of a man for me. But if we must, can I at least pick the lube this time?"
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) Tumblr_kzdwqbKBrR1qa3urto1_500

Cary Scott, loving father, shitty ex-husband, and Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development in the Office of the Mayor of Arsenal, Utah, sat at his desk pecking away.

He had put his daughter to bed an hour ago and sat down to get some work done. It was never-ending, but he could handle it. He was a rock, solid and undaunted by distraction.

Then he had received her text. Winona. The seventh one today. He ignored it, but it nagged at his attention. He pecked away at his keyboard without thinking and brought up a number of files he kept solely on his personal laptop.

Detailed images of the Dutchman came up along with blueprints, contracts, and every legal document related to the continuing existence of the bar.

Another file opened. Reports of violence. A history, cobbled together, of Winona's brother Bastian and their family. This wasn't a public file, but...

She can't beat me in court. But if she comes close, I could use it. I could use this. Throw it before a judge, the right judge especially, and no one could declare her more fit than I. A little more pressure in the right place and I could have that bar rezoned. No job, a questionable history, no security. Nothing...

Cary slammed the laptop closed with a grunt.

"No."

He would not be that man.

Not yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)   Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt) Empty

Back to top Go down

Subplot: Problems You Can't Punch (Bastian “Atlas” DeWitt)
Page 1 of 1