Awesome Gamers Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Awesome Gamers Group

These forums are for any game(s) run by C Thomas Hand including L5R, 7th Sea, D&D, so on and so forth.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(Ejio) Regarding Traitors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

(Ejio) Regarding Traitors  Empty
PostSubject: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:43 am

Ryokan no Saigo Sekura

The Inn of the Last Cherry Blossom was a small, squat structure at the confluence of two major roads within the Kanjo District. Consisiting of several sleeping chambers and a central feasting room overlooking the intersection, the place is a favorite of local and visiting samurai alike.

The owner, a short and rosy fellow by the name of Tsuyuge, has lived in the Ekohikei for many years. One only needed to look about the place to see that the heimin has acquired many powerful and influential friends in that time. Kakita Yinobu, a prominent member of the Imperial Court, sat at a corner table talking to Isawa Tenjaku, a member of the Sentaku Tribunal.

At another table were two Oyabun, criminal masters that Ejio only knew because Tenseko had briefed him of their description.

The place was full of a jarring division of clientele, though Tsuyuge and his servants did a remarkable job of making everyone feel at home. Here, two ronin debated the finer merits of Tsuyuge's grand tea with three members of the Imperial Court. There, a Sentaku judge talked politics with another Oyabun.

The place was a den of thieves and liars, Imperial politicians, murderers, court schemers, street-thieves, and the like. Ejio had to admire it all, the congruence of strange people and castes itself a work of art.

"Should we really be here, my lord?"

Ejio's eyes drifted back to the young geisha who sat across from him. Far removed from the state of their original meeting, the girl Miyako looked as bright and radiant as the Cherry Blossom for which this place was named.

The Crane artisan took a sip of his tea and pondered their present situation.

This man, Tsuyuge, had once been a valued servant of Ide Tenseko, the Master Oyabun. His ally. But sometime in the recent months the man's loyalty had wandered, set adrift by who knows what plot. By the way he hovered about Isawa Tenjaku of the Sentaku Tribunal, Ejio could venture a guess about what happened.

Tenseko wanted Tsuyuge dead. She wanted to take back control of the Inn of the Last Cherry Blossom or, at the very least, punish this traitor. He had cut her off from power in the Inner City.

Ejio knew that if there was anything Tenseko hated, it was to lose any vestige of her power.

OOC:
This plot point refers back to a conversation in either Game 1 or Game 2 between Doji Ejio and Ide Tenseko. The heimin tea merchant, Tsuyuge, was once a loyal Oyabun in service to Ide Tenseko. His inn was a common meeting ground for her servants and contacts in Ekohikei and served as her single point of entry into the valuable Inner City.

Sometime in the past few months, Tsuyuge turned against Tenseko. It appears as if someone on the Sentaku Tribunal has converted his service to their own. Now, Tenseko is cut off entirely from the Inner City and seeks to have this remedied.

In the conversation between Ejio and Tenseko, she mentioned that perhaps Miyako, the geisha Ejio saved in Act I from Tenseko's pet Naga, might be suitable to the task of taking over.

From Act I, Ejio saved Miyako beneath the surface of the Juramashi District. He created a statue to sooth the savage beast, the albino Naga servant of Ide Tenseko (Kyaku).

Miyako serves Doji Ejio now with devout loyalty attributed to her owing him her life.

Miyako, The Bright Night-Flower

Miyako, the Bright Night-Flower
Insight Rank 3

Air 4, Awareness 5
Earth 2, Willpower 4
Fire 3, Agility 4
Water 3, Perception 4
Void 3

Skills of Note: Courtier (Gossip, Manipulation) 4, Etiquette (Courtesy, Conversation) 5, Investigation (Interrogation) 3, Sincerity 4, Temptation (Seduction) 4, Acting 3, Perform: Dance 4, Perform: Biwa 6

Advantages/Disadvantages: Clear Thinker (+3), Sensation (+3); Obligation (Doji Ejio) (-6), Phobia (Snakes) (-3)

Rank 3 Technique: The Silken Promises (Courtier)
From Book of Air pp179-80

The geisha of the Silken Promises use their entertainment skills to subtly guide their lients into the policies and attitudes they prefer. You may attempt to shift someone’s attitudes by offering a suitable artistic performance (typically dance or music) and make a Contested Roll of your Perform/Awareness (or Acting if more appropriate) against their Etiquette (Courtesy) / Willpower. With a success, you lure them into the attitude or a choice you would prefer. At the GM’s option, you may also take them as an Ally with a  1-point Devotion.
The effects of the Silken Promises technique are not “mind control” and cannot force someone to make a decision that goes directly against his character or true loyalties. Subject to such caveats, however, the technique can exert considerable influence, since the target is unaware that he is being manipulated and may well believe his new decision to be entirely his own. Ultimately, the GM has the final say on how much impact the Silken Promise Technique can exert.
You may not target the same character with this Technique mroe than once per month.

Last edited by TheDiddler on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://awesomegamersgroup.forumotion.com
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:04 am

(Quick note: Her name is Miyako. Ohana is Ejio's ally, Miyako is Ejio's servant.)

Ejio smiled at Miyako warmly as he replied, letting her feel his confidence and trust in her.

"We are exactly where we need to be, my dear. And now that we are, you are about to become powerful. What can you tell me about that man?"

Ejio's tone made the question a quiz, a mix between testing her abilities despite already knowing her skill and seeing how much information he needed to pass along to her.
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 1:42 am

OOC Note:
Noted and correct on the name. Changed Ohana to Miyako.

IC:

Miyako did not reply at first. Instead, with her hands set dutifully in her lap, she turned her head to examine the innkeeper Tsuyuge. Ejio noted her head tilt, just so, as she watched him. The girl was demure and silent, a flower of the night in the light of a slivered moon.

"He is nervous. He carries himself like a man who knows he is dead, but has not yet realized the fact." Her words came out slow and measured with just a slight lilt and musical tone.

"I know who he was to Lady Tenseko. She spoke of him often and I saw her meet him twice. When I saw him before I was not properly attired." Ejio glanced over the woman's rich and layered robes, a paid for by Tenseko and chosen by Ejio himself. "I was dressed as a plain servant. He does not know you and he does not recognize me."

Ejio watched as her gaze shifted to the Isawa and caught his eye. Without though, her smile blossomed to capture his eye. She lifted her fan coquetishly and continued to whisper to Ejio, barely moving her lips.

"He favors the Phoenix. He relies upon him. He needs him and I think he believes the man too mercurial for safety."

Ejio blinked and saw the Sentaku Lord stand.

Isawa Tenjaku, Sentaku Tribunal member of the Kanjo District, was coming this way.

OOC Note:
NPCs of the Forbidden City Link

Isawa Tenjaku and Tsuyuge Image Link

Miyako, Silken Promises Geisha Link
Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Ejio made a final statement to his companion in a quiet voice, letting his mannerisms give off a sense of continued confrontation despite his words.

"Remember, Miyako, be petulant but not rude. Young, almost trained, seeking a home in a place I cannot give you. He has to take you from me or he will never believe himself in control."

When the Isawa drew closer, Ejio sighed in exasperation as if he didn't know he was about to have company before looking up and standing gracefully.

"Tenjaku-sama. It is a pleasure to see you. Have you eaten?"
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:27 am

Isawa Tenjaku made a point of keeping his gaze focused solely upon the young geisha maiden even as Ejio spoke. After a time, he turned with a visible shift in expression from pleased to annoyed. If Ejio were less trained, he might have considered the shift to be real. But he understood the look to be calculated and purposeful.

Tenjaku, too, was well-trained.

"I have, but I find the pleasure of sake is that one can continue taking Inari's blessing cup after cup. If you don't mind, Doji-san," Tenjaku folded himself abruptly and without waiting.

Miyako effected a pout. Ejio noticed her shift, ever-so-slightly, away from him and inch a tiny step closer to Tenjaku. The Phoenix seemed to notice as well, but though he saw the movement, Ejio was sure that he did not realize its true purpose. Or, if he did, he wasn't concerned about the manipulation.

However, he was interested in her.

The Isawa turned the full weight of his gaze upon Ejio.

"You are the Artisan. Well, if you do not mind, Ejio-san," Tenjaku gestured towards Miyako, "I would like to partake of this one's art. Preferably in private."

Tenjaku leaned forward and Ejio could see the kami of fire dancing in the man's drive.

"Besides, I think there were a group of up and coming diplomats bandying about a rumor of your...inability to drive home with aggression. They seem to think you are weak and I wanted to give you the chance to dismiss the rumors before they could even start."

OOC:

I don't think I realized at first what is going to be involved here.

You are effectively trying to manipulate a high ranking and skilled member of the Sentaku, so this will be a lot of back and forth. And it will include Miyako's ability.

Miyako Temptation (Seduction)/Awareness (9k4+Void is 10k5E) vs. Tenjaku Etiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower (9k4+5E)
- Miyako attempting to seduce through "innocence" of appearing weak and petulant in a sexy way
Miyako Temptation 43
Tenjaku Etiquette 36
- Forgot to add Tenjaku's Honor (4). Despite this, Miyako captures his interest in a pleasing fashion.

Tenjaku Intimidation (Bullying)/Awareness (11k5+5E, or 10k5+5E) vs. Ejio Etiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower
- Tenjaku is attempting to put Ejio on the defensive immediately by throwing his weight around.
Tenjaku Intimidate 38

Tenjaku Investigation (Interrogation)/Perception (10k5+5E) vs. Ejio Sincerity (Honesty)/Awareness
- Tenjaku put out a rumor he heard (about Ejio and Soft-Hearted) and is trying to see what validity there is by reading Ejio in the process.
Tenjaku Investigation 47

Remember that you can add Honor to resist Temptation and Intimidation.
Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Ejio bowed his head in acquiescence, deferring to Tenjaku's superior place with his body language as though he knew he had no choice but to accept the request as graciously as possible.

"Of course, Tenjaku-sama. She is a wonderful entertainment but I fear that I cannot offer her the same company as one such as yourself. It is a pity she must return to her home after today. You are correct, of course, that Inari's blessing is a welcome thing at any time."

The artisan held up his cup in salute before taking a deep drink as though to steady himself after a defeat. Tenjaku was a skilled member of the Tribunal and more than likely the Syndicate but his arrogance was a flaw that could be used. Victories came easy to him.

"As you say, Tenjaku-sama, I do not pursue with the aggression available to some. It is not that I cannot, it is simply that I do not. I see no reason to pluck flowers to fill a vase that will eventually be filled with floral corpses when I can have a garden available to me whenever I wish to visit it."

Rolls:
Etiquette/Willpower - 49 http://orokos.com/roll/336059
Sincerity/Awareness - 52 http://orokos.com/roll/336060

Courtier(Manipulation)/Awareness to convince Tenjaku to patron Miyako in the Inner City, effectively "taking" her from Ejio - 73 http://orokos.com/roll/336066
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:15 am

Isawa Tenjaku sneered at the Doji and even went so far as to tilt his head back so that he was, quite literally, looking down his nose.

"You seem willing to allow others who seek to ruin your reputation through gossip and rumor to have their way. An interesting tactic, my Crane friend. But," he lifted his cup in salute, "perhaps the Crane are used to being mocked by their enemies as weak?"

Tenjaku turned his eyes back toward Miayko who had opened her fan to release the scent of flowers. She batted her lashes at him, but otherwise kept her eyes downward, her entire body posture submissive.

She whispered ever-so-softly. "Perhaps my lords would like to hear me play?"

OOC

Tenjaku Investigation (Interrogation)/Awareness v. Ejio Sincerity (Honesty)/Awareness
- This roll is for Tenjaku to believe that Ejio's words regarding giving up Miyako are not merely some ploy, but instead a truthful rendering. If you succeed, Tenjaku will be convinced that his force of personality has cowed you and it is not your intention to let him do so.
- Versus your Roll ??

Tenjaku Etiquette (Courtesy)/Awareness v Ejio (73) to resist the idea that he should "take" Miyako
- 59 (Failure for Tenjaku)
- Tenjaku, who wanted to take Miyako anyway, feels urged to do so. Barring a dramatic failure on the Sincerity Roll (see above) he will believe it entirely his own idea.

Miyako Temptation (Seduction)/Awareness (9k4+Void is 10k5E) vs. Tenjaku Etiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower (9k4+5E)
- Miyako's purpose here is to convince Tenjaku to allow her to play her biwa for him (thus allowing her to use her Technique).
- Tenjaku appears eager to allow her the opportunity to play.

Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:42 pm

The son of Satsume kept his face almost turned down, not quite mimicking the geisha but close enough to appear properly cowed. His posture told the tale of a man who had faced violence in both a physical and emotional manner before and lost. It was a sense of faltering personality that Tenjaku had undoubtedly seen before in those he'd broken.

"I... I am sure that when the moment arises, the Crane are capable of achieving what they are ordered to by our Divine Emperor."

He stuttered the words, a common defense with no heart. His response to Miyako was stronger, the last vestige of authority he had left in this moment.

"I do not think now is the time and especially not here. It is beneath me to have my prized geisha lowered to entertaining outside of the best venues."

Rolls:
Contested Inv/Awa vs Sin(Honesty)/Awa  = 61

Same roll to convince him that I genuinely don't want Miyako to play = 48 (If this fails, let me know. I may waste some resources, yo.)
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:46 am

Rolls:
Tenjaku Inv/Awa to see through Ejio's ploy: 51

I will wait to see what you do in response to the failure (by 3) before I respond as Tenjaku.
Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:41 am

Roll:
Final reroll available. Ever. Goddamn it. 55 http://orokos.com/roll/338441
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 am

Tenjaku was long in responding, but Ejio noted a subtle shift in his demeanor within seconds. The Phoenix was playing at being distracted by the girl in order to soften the blow of his words. It would have made a lesser courtier think he was not truly interested in the geisha, but Ejio already knew better.

Tenjaku was feigning disinterest in order to lower the perceived cost of taking her from the Crane.

“I think, Ejio-san, that as the representative of the Sentaku Tribunal for the Phoenix,” the title fell heavy and deliberate like a sword drawn, “that I shall decide what is best for me in this case. And for the lady.”  Tenjaku steepled his fingers together and smiled. “Entertain us my lady.  Give us the gift of your skill. The Crane cannot keep you all to themselves.”

Ejio watched, suitably “cowed,” as Miyako stood and prepared herself. The picture of poise and grace, not once did she let no that this was her intended purpose.

Tenjaku turned to Ejio. “Besides Doji-san, you cannot possibly say that this is not the best of venues. Any place that you, I, and this delicate flower choose to visit MUST hold some great regard.”

From across the room Ejio noticed the innkeeper’s nervous glance as he fought for any reason to come this way and see what was keeping his prized patron so enraptured.

Tenjaku was about to speak again, but Miyako chose just that moment to pluck the first strings.

OOC:
Miyako Rank 3: Perform:Biwa/Awareness + Void (12k6 or 10k7) vs. Tenjaku Etiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower (9k4E+5)

10d10o10k7; 9d10r1o10k4+5

Result: 46 v 45 (Miyako wins)
http://orokos.com/roll/338624
Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 pm

The Crane kept his mouth shut as Miyako played, letting the delicate notes wash over the room despite the gentleness of the geisha's fingers on the strings. As the music drew to a close, Ejio spoke quietly, punctuating the performance with his tone.

"You are correct, of course, Tenjaku-sama. It was thoughtless of me to try to keep such a prize to myself when it is obvious her talent is to be shared. And what better place than wherever such an august presence happens to be? I bow before your wisdom. It is a pity that after tonight, she must return to the outer districts."
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Ejio watched as Miyako's music played its subtle effect. The prideful, domineering Phoenix softened somewhat and the world around them drifted away. For a time Ejio himself drifted, though his gaze searched the open gray plains in lieu of music and harmony.

A polite tapping of a balsa fan on the table was Tenjaku's only applause, but it jarred Ejio back into the world about him.

The look in Tenjaku's eyes told him everything he needed to know. The man was hooked.
Miyako put away the biwa, cast down her eyes, and pouted innocently.

"I can think of no greater calamity," Tenjaku's voice spoke as if in a dream, "than sending this remarkable creature back out in the unprotected world. She may stay here, with me, Ejio-san."

The hardness in the Phoenix began to return, but Ejio saw him shift ever-so-slightly closer to Miyako. Their knees touched beneath the table and she made a quirky little smile.

"What do you say to that?"
Back to top Go down
faustus28
Nikutai
Nikutai

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:32 pm

Ejio frowned slightly, an obvious dilemma creasing his soft features.

"I am of two hearts on this, Tenjaku-sama. She is very dear to me so I cannot help but wish to see her content. However, she is immensely talented and as such, she is immensely valuable. I have invested greatly in seeing her trained up to my artistic standards. I do feel that we could come to an agreement, however."

The artisan made sure to portray his abhorred "weakness" to Tenjaku, granting the Phoenix a victory to defend through negotiation while guiding the price subtly.
Back to top Go down
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Isawa Tenjaku, Phoenix shugenja of fire, Representative of the Sentaku Tribunal, leaned back on his heels with a satisfied smile.

"Excellent. I knew you would recognize a keen suggestion when offered in just the right way."

Tenjaku turned his gaze back to Miyako with a not-so-subtle leer.

OOC: Do we need to do any other RP in terms of the negotiations here? We could just state and roll the basic gist.

Do you have more you want to do with Tenjaku?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Ejio) Regarding Traitors    (Ejio) Regarding Traitors  Empty

Back to top Go down

(Ejio) Regarding Traitors
Page 1 of 1