Awesome Gamers Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Awesome Gamers Group

These forums are for any game(s) run by C Thomas Hand including L5R, 7th Sea, D&D, so on and so forth.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kpsmith
Nikutai
Nikutai

Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV Empty
PostSubject: Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV   Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 am

Kyle Patrick Smith
After a time in which Usagi Kinotu had a sickness pass through his system, Ashidaka Koutetsu went through an awkward process of grieving and Doji Ejio conducted his affairs in the aftermath of the Kenka Murab incident, the three met again. In their normal fashion they met at the Bright Wind Sake House for music, sake, the company of women and a place to share their woes and plots. The Regent of the Ashidaka was present already nursing a sake cup. He had become a stalwart proponent of sake therapy in recent months.

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu arrived in the cleanest and most kept attire he has ever been in. He had to improve his image to his friends after his poor condition after the incident in the underworld. The Usagi bowed to his friends as he entered and drank deeply from his cup.

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu raised his cup to the Ashidaka, "Thank you for your generous patronage to the dojo my friend. I assure you it will be used wisely. I have something in mind that should increase the reputation and the legitimacy of the dojo, if the man I have in mind agrees to assist me. Your blessing will go towards convincing him." He takes a drink. The atmosphere here always made him so relaxed. Between almost getting killed by Lion, almost succumbing to maho which would have surely resulted in him killing his allies, and enduring the curse that was placed upon him he deserves this little respite.

"How goes the talks of the Turquoise championship Doji-sama? That reminds me, what do you think of that Yasuki we ran into a few days ago? From his lack of martial ability and the craftsmanship of the pot he was caring before he smashed it he would appear to be an artisan. " Kinotu fully expected not to kind words about the bumbling crab as Ejio would surely have high standards for his artisans.

Kyle Patrick Smith
"Patronage is the least I could do in support of your endeavors," Koutetsu quietly remarked as he sipped his sake. He inclined his head towards Kinotu and managed a wan smile; it was remarkably forced from his dour disposition. The Regent of the Ashidaka appraised his two drinking companions while a geisha serenaded them with gentle song. The atmosphere of the Bright Wind had eased his troubled soul and in all his woes he was afforded a temporary peace.

"The Turquoise Championship promises to be a grand affair," the swordsmith declared. "While Ejio-san is representing the Crane, I think I will be courting allies. I think it is an opportunity to woo Keppon as well, nee?"

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu took a sip," I've heard that most of the contestants have been named except for the last one. I wonder who the 9th contestant will be? And will he be a performer or a crafter? Eh either way I am confident that Doji-sama will be victorious and declared the new Turquoise champion. " He raises his cup to Ejio and drinks deeply. He then turns to Koutetsu," How are things going at the forge these days?"

Jason Weeks
Ejio blinked repeatedly, his eyes finally clearing as he focused back on his friends. A long draw from his sake cup later, he finally replied.

"Yes, the Turquoise Championship is going well so far. The Yasuki is an interesting character. I am hoping he will be a decent voice of reason in the future. And yes, Koutetsu-san, there will be plenty of opportunities to woo Keppon-san."

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu rested his chin on his hand and stared into his cup," Things have certainly escalated as of late. Some enemies and allies as been decided for us. It is clear that the Syndicate doesn't agree with our current endeavors and Akedare has sided with them."

Kyle Patrick Smith
"I am finishing the final sword in Kakita Chi-Yomi's set of 200 and afterwards, I will immediately begin working with Agasha Hiroshi on a new sword," Koutetsu quietly explained. "This last sword... Will be my best sword yet. Additionally, I have designs to gift it to someone of notably position to secure allies within the Crane."

He sipped his sake and rolled the cup between his hands.

"...we have a lot of work to do," Koutetsu quietly added.

"I full support the Mondai Ketsu as Ejio, and intend to equip them with fine Crane steel to ensure they can cut down the Syndicate. And Akedare..." His hands shook in anger as his eyes set firmly ahead. A geisha had to gently touch his arm to prevent him from crushing the cup.

"...will die."

Jason Weeks
"Yes, we have risen to the point that enemies are going to be our most common company, unfortunately. Now we get to see how well we survive."

Jason Weeks
Ejio took a sip of sake set the cup down. His gaze wandering off from his friends as he spoke.
"Our priority is to find your sister, Koutetsu. I will use every resource I have available, but I believe Kinotu will be the most skilled at actually tracking her down. Do you think you can find her, Kinotu?"

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu ponders for a moment," It is possible. Obviously the first place to look is Akadare's dwelling. I would also need to look for clues at your abode Koutetsu. Once I find out where she has been or someone who knows where she may be, it should be a fairly simple matter after that. I have my ways of making people talk and finding trails, but I need a place to start."

Kyle Patrick Smith
"The Tower. My former residence in the Juramashi, where my sisters stay. Those two places are as good as any," Koutetsu offered.

Jonathan Logan Turman
"Do you think your sister would cooperate if I asked her some questions? It is possible that she could know of a place where Akedare might take her without realizing it. I could ask some of my contacts about it. If I do find her, is there somewhere safe you would prefer I take her?"

Kyle Patrick Smith
"I... Have no idea where to safely keep her," Koutetsu confessed. "But if we can rescue her, we'll have testimony to use against Akedare."

Jonathan Logan Turman
"If she isn't dead or too scared to testify against him. I feel it would be more the latter than the former. I believe that it may be a good idea to leave her in the care of the Mondai Kestu when she is rescued. They are better skilled at keeping her alive and safe until I can contact you. Speaking of the Mondai Kestu, there is an idea that I wish to get both of your opinions on. Kurotema wishes that I either become an ally of the minor clan tribunal member, Kitsune Miru, or replace him. Taking his position would allow greater success in getting a position of Imperial Cartographer of Otisan Uchi realized for me and my students but it would only last until I was married into the Unicorn in 2 months. While the increase in status would be short lived and have some lasting effect, I have a more effective and long term idea in mind that would greatly help the Mondai Kestu. What if Kitsune Sojin replaces Kitsune Miru as minor clan representative on the tribunal? They would have more political power especially when the emperor is away. In exchange for helping him achieve this, he can help us more effectively navigate the bureaucracy and give more support to the Crane. He will be better able and more willing to defend you and against the Lion Koutetsu. What do you think?"

Kyle Patrick Smith
"The Mondai Ketsu is safe as anywhere," Koutetsu agreed with Kinotu. "Surely safer than my estate... Surprised that assassin hasn't revisited me yet."

The Crane took a moment to consider the Hare's proposal. It made far more sense than usurping the position of the Kitsune on the Tribunal. He pushed his sake cup aside to be refilled by a waiting geisha. He sipped his cup and gestured back to Kinotu.

"Its more beneficial to our goals, though Kurotema may not like it," the Ashidaka remarked. "It ensures long term success for the Mondai Ketsu."

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu pondered," I think you would be surprised at how similar their methods and the extent they will go to achieve their goals are. If we make them strong allies to us then they might become strong allies to him as well. The Syndicate is against both of them. Having a strong military force in our circle could prove very valuable and strengthen the power of the Crane in the tribunal rather than just being an aide. It is something that I will have to approach him about."

Jason Weeks
Ejio nodded in response to the reasoning.

"Yes, having the Mondai Ketsu in our corner will be incredibly valuable. I am already working towards supplying them with everything I can. I have a few favors I can call in to help get them properly equipped. I don't think Sojin should be put forward for the minor clan representative, however. The power it entails is considerably lesser than what he already holds. Miru is easily ignored if the primary members of the Tribunal decide to do so and Sojin already has enemies in that arena. He is far more valuable where he is, a separate power source. Is there another member of a minor clan that we can agree on to support for the position that would owe us for being there? We can simply build Miru but there is the chance that the rise in fortune will be ignored since the position is already held, even if tenuously."

Jonathan Logan Turman
Kinotu sighed," The only other real candidate besides me would be the Mantis clan ambassador. He is a man that wishes to foster good relations between the minor clans and the Crane clan. Unfortunately, I don't know how much he will fight for us in the position especially if it involves the Mondai Kestu. In light of this, perhaps until the emperor returns and the Mondai Kestu have his increased protection I should be on the tribunal. The Mantis would be a good replacement after I am married and the Mondai Kestu have survived winter. I am more willing to support the Crane on the tribunal and defend myself from the influence of other districts and clans. The trouble now is Kitsune Miru. It is possible that Kurotema-sama could replace him politically, but then Miru may have some hostility towards me for taking his position. Thoughts? "

Kyle Patrick Smith
"I have no horse in this race," Koutetsu remarked.
He had no interest in Kurotema's designs on outing Kitsune Miru. He had found his love for men whose reach exceeded their grasp was waning. The Ashidaka Regent sipped his sake but otherwise said nothing, content to enjoy the geisha house. Koutetsu had enough to worry about - Kinotu could choose his own course of action.
Back to top Go down
Ghesh
Nikutai
Nikutai

Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV   Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:16 am

Kinotu saw that the night had run long and it was time to call it a night. He raised his cup to his friends,"May fortune follow your endeavors. " He downed his cup, bowed respectfully to them and left.
Back to top Go down

Bright Wind Geisha House, Part IV
Page 1 of 1