Awesome Gamers Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Awesome Gamers Group

These forums are for any game(s) run by C Thomas Hand including L5R, 7th Sea, D&D, so on and so forth.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Game Rules and FAQ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

Forum Game Rules and FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Forum Game Rules and FAQ   Forum Game Rules and FAQ EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Because of the chaotic next few weeks/months with me (Chris) moving, I wanted to give us an option to continue the D&D game by other means. This is it.

Obviously, this is not the ideal method of play. We won't be online at the same time, nor will we be able to engage as actively. I am honestly not even sure if it will work out the way we want. However, it's worth a shot. Who knows, it might be fun enough that we could invite other people to jump aboard as well.

Story Setup
The story right now will be a continuation of the Doomvault game we have been playing online. Please see the "Doomvault Story" post for more detail, but the basic gist is that you guys are going back into the Doomvault at least one more time. 

I think a forum game will work best with the more constrained format of a dungeon crawl, at least until we get things going and people get comfortable with this style of play. 

Dice Rolls
This will run by initiative in any kind of combat. Otherwise, use a back and forth style when interacting with NPCs or the other players. 

I will use rolz.org for dice rolls. I have provided the link below, but if you get confused, go to the main website and then join the room called "Doomvault."

Doomvault Link

I can look up any logs of dice rolls there. I have provided an example of play in the forums as well. 

When you make a roll be a little descriptive as to what you are doing so it's easy to keep track.
Example: 
#1d20+3 #Initiative roll for Monster 1
(The above is the text command to roll 1d20+3 for initiative followed by the statement of what I am rolling for). 

Player Requirements
In order to make things move faster, I will ask that the players post some relevant stats here. I will roll for any rolls that would be easier for me to do than wait for you. 

For example, if a creature hits you with a spell that requires a Constitution saving throw and then a follow-on attack that is contingent upon that Save...I will just roll your Con save for you and move on. 

If at any point you have/had an ability that would affect any roll the DM makes for you, simply let me know and you can reroll it. 

Please post the following for your characters: 

Player and Character Name
Initiative Bonus: (Ex: Init +3)
Saving Throw Bonuses: (Ex: Str +3, Dex +5, Con +7, Int +3, Wis +4, Cha +4)
Passive Perception and Insight
Grapple Bonuses (Athletics [Str] and/or Acrobatics [Dex])
Other: Any other important stats or effects that you think are important to your character and will be needed by the DM to run the game.

Last edited by TheDiddler on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://awesomegamersgroup.forumotion.com
TheDiddler
Admin
TheDiddler

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game Rules and FAQ   Forum Game Rules and FAQ EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 pm

An example of play: 

Dudor and Sweetus are a duo of goblins investigating a dwarven mineshaft for shiny goodies. They enter a dark room, 20x20' with a 10' ceiling. The entire place is made of worked stone and serves as a repository for ancient dwarven relics. They discovered a secret passage (originally crafted as an escape for the royal family) and have entered the chamber unknown to the dwarven guard at the front. 

They roll stealth versus the guard: 27 (nat 20) and 11 versus the Guard's passive perception of 14. 

Sweetus fails the roll, but Dudor is able to dive behind a statue before he is also spotted. 

"Gobbo filth!" The guard turns, ready to attack. Sweetus prepares to dodge and Dudor contemplates a trick. 

Initiative 
17 - Dudor
13 - Dwarf
4 - Sweetus

Dudor, in a burst of inspiration, grabs the urn at the base of his statue. "Oi you hairy bugbear! Catch!" He throws the urn at the dwarf's face. 

Roll vs AC 15: 14  - a miss!

The dwarven guard's mouth drops, aghast, as the urn crashes to the floor and explodes in a puff of ash. His eyes fill with rage and he turns towards Dudor with his axe. 

Roll vs AC 14: 13 - a miss!

Dudor rolls away, laughing and wiping the ashes all over his face. Sweetus takes the chance to stab the dwarf in the back. 

Roll vs AC 15: 12 - a miss!

And the round begins again. 

Dudor and Sweetus Rolls
Rolled | 2017-11-25 21:25 UTC
Back to top Go down
https://awesomegamersgroup.forumotion.com
qwertyuiop
Hohei
Hohei

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game Rules and FAQ   Forum Game Rules and FAQ EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:36 am

Azas Dorin
Initiative Bonus: +4
Saving Throw Bonuses: STR: +8 DEX: +2 CON: +6 INT: -1 WIS: +1 CHA: +2
Passive Perception and Insight 11
Grapple Bonuses Athletics +11
Other: AC: 20 HP: 85
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Game Rules and FAQ   Forum Game Rules and FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Game Rules and FAQ